In what situations do I use Keyword Helper?
Keyword Helper will help you find the best keyword to optimize your content with. When using SiteAttention, the first thing you should do, is to decide on a keyword that you think your potential customers will look for when searching for topics connected to your company.
E.g. If your company sells marketing software, your target audience will want to read more about the topics connected to digital marketing.
Let's say you want to write an article about 10 tools every digital marketer should use. Think of what keywords would best describe that topic.
You decide to go with: digital marketing tools but are not sure if this is the best keyword you can go with. That's where the Keyword Helper comes in!
What is the function of Keyword Helper?
Keyword Helper helps you find the best keywords (or phrases) for optimizing your content.
The best keywords are the ones that many people search for but not many pages are optimized for.
You can find the best keywords in Keyword Helper by looking for the right ratio between:
- Keyword Difficulty
gray stripe = low competition level,
blue stripe = medium competition level,
red stripe = high competition level
- and Monthly Searches.
Look for the keywords with as little Keyword Difficulty as possible combined with high amount of Monthly Searches.
Where do I find Keyword Helper?
To use Keyword Helper simply click on its name, which you can always find above the SiteAttention rules and below the line where you insert the keywords you optimize for.
How do I use Keyword Helper?
1. After you've opened your Keyword Helper, make sure the keyword you want to target is inserted under the google region:
2. Click on google.com to change your Google region.
Google region refers to an area in the world that you want to target with your article. E.g. if you are writing for Danish audience, click on google.com and change it to google.dk. This way, the results in Keyword Helper will be displayed only for the region you target and thus, will be more relevant for you.
3. Choose whether you want the results to be exact matches or related phrases.
Exact matches refer to phrases that will always have your keyword as a core and build on it. They will mostly add extra words to your phrase and make the phrase more specific. E.g. for a phrase digital marketing tools, exact matches would include phrases such as: digital marketing analytics tools or essential digital marketing tools 2018.
Related phrases refer to the synonyms of the keyword (or phrase) you do the search for or phrases that are related to the same topic. E.g. a related phrase for digital marketing tools could be marketing automation software.
4. Choose the best keyword for your post. Focus on three things:
- Make sure the keyword you choose makes sense in the context of your article/page.
- Choose the keywords that have high monthly searches combined with low keyword difficulty index. Here's where you can find these factors in Keyword Helper:
5. Click on the add button by the keywords or phrases you chose to go with. This will automatically add it to your targeted keywords in the main part of the tool: